2nd December - AFC Dunstable 5 Arlesey Town 0

With their 5th win on the bounce, the OD's moved up to the dizzy heights of 2nd in the league, as they went nap hand and did it without top scorer Jermaine Hall. Good news was to see Leon Cashman make his first start of the season, but it came on the back of bad news, as skipper Moses Olaleye broke down in the warm up.

With Arlesey currently struggling in bottom position of the league, AFC did not want to under estimate the north Bedfordshire outfit, after they completed the double over the hosts last season.

On a very dank and drizzly afternoon, the floodlights were on from the start of the game. Looking to make a quick start, the visitors were dealing with what ever the hosts could muster up. The opening goal on 21 minutes though knocked the stuffing out of them. From a free kick, Bill Morgan found himself unmarked in the box to head home.

Seven minutes later it was 2-0 and Morgan was that man again to be in the right place. From a corner, the ball found its way to the back post. Leon Cashman was on hand to head the ball back into the danger area and Morgan could not miss from a yard out.

Half time: AFC Dunstable 2 Arlesey Town 0

Having a two goal lead, this made the 2nd period pretty comfortable for AFC. Then Nathan Frater finished off a neat move 3 minutes into the half to see the scoreline up to 3-0.

With a decent lead, confidence grew within the AFC camp and ball was being played around nicely by the team in blue.

The hour was approaching and AFC stretched their lead. Again slick lead up play ended up with the ball being crossed to the far post and Terry Griffiths was on hand to make it 4.

So with a good half an hour remaining, AFC were looking to improve their goal difference. They surged forward at every opportunity and again some flowing football released sub Ollie Cox. He fired in his shot which looked goal bound and BJ Christie got a slight touch to claim AFC's 5th of the afternoon on 67 minutes.

Surely the home side would now turn the screw but in the end looked like they were happy with 5 goals. The game ended in a bit of controversy. The referee decided to show two Arlesey players their 2nd yellow cards in the final 10 minutes, which was a shame, as the game never suggested that should have been the case. He dug a hole for himself, by showing yellows earlier in the game that were extremely soft.

Another positive outcome for AFC was more minutes from the bench for 18 year old Dan Blackman. This time he clocked up another 20 in his progression.

Team: Head. Longden. Carney. R.Frater (Blackman 70). Morgan. Griffiths. Tavernier. Cashman (Bishop 60). Christie. Bircham (Cox 57). N.Frater. Subs not used Olaleye. Langston.

Scorers: Morgan (21.28). N.Frater (48). Griffiths (58). Christie (67)

Go to top